Remote Learning Registration
Registration for Remote Learning
We recently asked families to let us know their preference for remote learning for their children during the time that S.I.S. is open for in-person learning, beginning with the start of school September. We understand that this is an incredibly complex decision for parents. To assist you in your planning and decision-making, listed below are our six major remote learning goals and the framework for a remote learning choice.
Our six major goals for remote learning are:
- to engage students in active learning
- to engage students socially and emotionally even when at a distance
- to create a strong sense of community for students and their families
- to continue to follow our curriculum, moving forward with content and skills
- to communicate content in a manner that is equivalent to in-person learning
- to assess students in a manner that takes into consideration the unique characteristics of remote learning, with a focus on active demonstration of skills and knowledge
The framework and expectations for a remote learning choice are noted below:
- Commitment to remote learning for 5 weeks, with the option of continuing for subsequent five-week periods.
- The school requires notice of one full week if families wish to return to in-person learning before the end of the five week commitment.
- Students learning remotely will meet with teachers in person or remotely prior to the start of school. Teachers will schedule these meetings with families.
- Students should expect to attend remote learning between the hours of 9:00 AM and 2:45 PM. Exact times may vary by grade.
- Students will be responsible for attending/participating in live meetings and classes. Teachers will record attendance.
- Students will be responsible for completing and handing in all work assigned.
- Teachers will respond to student work, and to student and parent questions.
- Teachers will schedule individual check-ins with students several times each week.
If you would like to register for Remote learning, please fill out the form below.
We look forward to a positive year of engagement for our students, whether they are learning remotely or in person.
Please be in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about your options.