- About Us
- Why Choose Us
- Make a Gift
By acampbell on December 31, 2014
By acampbell on December 18, 2014
On Monday, December 15, 2014, Saratoga Independent School received a $1,200 “Lend A Hand” grant from the Adirondack Trust Company Community Fund. This grant will be used to purchase balancing scales for our science classroom. This equipment will be used by students as part of their studies starting in January. Thank you to Adirondack Trust Company for their generous support of Saratoga Independent School’s academic excellence, students, and teachers!
By acampbell on December 17, 2014
Show your Saratoga Independent School Pride! Apparel Now Available Online through Lands End
The Parent Association is proud to announce a new partnership with Lands End to provide Saratoga Independent School spirit wear apparel. You will be able to:
- order online with ease
- access a variety of items and styles for all seasons
- show your school pride
- and feel good that 3% of every order comes back to our school!
Go online now at www.landsend.com/school to create your own family account and shop now! Our school code is 900166653.
Learn more about shopping on the Lands End SIS school site here: Land’s End school info sheet
By acampbell on December 16, 2014
Saratoga Independent School is grateful to once again be named the SaratogaMama “Kid Picks Winner” for Best Preschool Program! We are proud of our teachers who lead the Pre-K program with compassion, creativity, dedication, and love. Thank you Miss Sharon, Miss Kim, Ms. Ibby, Ms. Lindsey, Ms. Amanda, and Miss Melinda.
We are also thankful for the current and past students in our Pre-K program who enrich our school community and have cast their vote for Saratoga Independent School!
By acampbell on December 8, 2014
‘Tis the Season for Shopping
While you’re out shopping, don’t forget about these rewards programs that benefit Saratoga Independent School:
- Amazon Smile – place your orders through smile.amazon.com using your Amazon log-in and selecting Saratoga Independent School as your charity of choice; the program is no cost to you but benefits the school; more details at the end of this listing below
- Hannaford Helps Schools – program ends 12/8; turn in school rewards slips before 12/19
- Name Bubbles – shop for all sorts of labels for household, business, etc., 20% back to SIS. Use code SIS15 www.namebubbles.com
- Pediped Shoes – 10% back to SIS from now until May 15th. Use code SCHQRJU www.pediped.com
- Price Chopper Tools for Schools – This program costs you nothing but helps the school time each time you use your enrolled card at Price Chopper. You may enroll Price Chopper numbers and email address for friends, neighbors, extended family. Please enroll or check your enrollment here: http://www.pricechopper.com/savings/tools-for-schools
- Scholastic Book Fair – Ends Monday, Dec 8th; at school and online with increased selection- www.tinyurl/sisbook
- Staples Rewards – use school phone number, 518-583-0841, to give rewards to SIS when you make a purchase
- Target REDcard – 1% back to SIS from REDcards linked to SIS through Take Charge for Education program; You can enroll your REDcard at www.target.com.
And please support these businesses who give back to SIS:*
- Healthy Living Market and Café
- The Hungry Spot Café
- Nine Miles East: Local Food for Busy People
- The Saratoga Winery
- Hewitt’s Garden Center
- Catherine Phipps Design (www.catherinephipps.com)
*These businesses have made recent contributions. We regret any omissions. Please let us know if we left you out.
How To Shop Through Amazon Smile
If you shop at Amazon.com, here is how you can support Saratoga Independent School. It costs you nothing:
Amazon has a program called Amazon Smile. Here is what you do:
- Go to amazon.com
- Log-in using your regular Amazon account. (Or create an account if you don’t already have one.)
- Designate Saratoga Independent School as the Organization that you wish to support. There is a Link that lets you do this.
- For all future shopping go toamazon.com. (Do this instead of going to amazon.com.) It works the same but it supports the school. Your prices and your shopping experience are unchanged.
- That’s it. Get your shopping done and continue with your busy life.
If you want more details, read the link below. But if you have limited time then sign-up now. It costs you nothing and there is no down-side.
Many of us now use Amazon for holiday shopping as well as regular purchases throughout the year, so those purchases can really add-up. Some of us have Amazon Prime accounts (with free/fast shipping and other benefits) and let other family members use our accounts with those benefits. So the school can benefit from those purchases as well.
By acampbell on December 2, 2014
Join Saratoga Independent School in the global movement known as “Giving Tuesday” by making your gift to the Raise Your Hand Annual Giving Campaign on Tuesday, December 2. Celebrate the holiday spirit of gratitude and generosity while supporting our school.
Please make your donation today. Help Saratoga Independent School continue to provide a variety of learning opportunities tailored for each and every one of our students.
Posted in Uncategorized