The Saratoga Independent Schoo
Organize dismissal schedules for the following week.
Order supplies for janitorial service and teachers.
Enter weekly updates for attendance records.
Send informational materials to inquiring or registering families.
Maintain teacher absence records.
Schedule homework help program and enrichment class enrollment.
Replenish marketing materials.
Create lunch menus for distribution per list.
Collaborate with Director of School to create enrichment fliers and schedule enrichment programs.
Schedule parent-teacher conferences and prepare report cards.
Assist Parent Association with fundraisers and community events.
Assist Director of School with planning of field trips and holiday events.
Log fire drills, immunization records and attendance for NYS review.
Collect and maintain records of absence notes; contact parents with absence/late arrival letters prior to report card distribution.
Track library books.
Schedule staff development workshops.
Maintain student documents and records.
Communicating with parents regarding student illness.
Record minutes for monthly Board of Trustees meetings.
Work to develop and implement plans to identify and solicit/secure major gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations in support of Saratoga Independent School.
Develop major gifts from individuals (and entities they represent, such as corporations or foundations) by maintaining a vigorous schedule of contact with prospective donors, in many cases individuals who have not been contacted before, to assess, solicit, close, and steward gifts. Using the school’s donor database and relationships, develop and manage a portfolio of prospects with updated contact reports, proposal strategy and proposal tracking. Develop compelling giving strategies. Cultivate relationships with donors. Ask for gifts personally or as part of a team (for example, with the Director of Operations, the Director of School, the Board of Trustees and/or other appointed representatives of the school). Prepare and coordinate meetings for donor visits. Establish relationships with key faculty, administrative staff, and other stakeholders to further the goals of the development program.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five years of professional development experience, of which 3-5 years should include experience of working directly with individuals to cultivate and close major and planned gifts.
- Demonstrated ability to work systematically to conduct prospecting visits and manage ongoing relationships with a large number of potential donors who can make major gifts to Saratoga Independent School.
- Demonstrated development writing experience along with experience in strategic and tactical management of a development program.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a disciplined and sequential way to meet specific funding objectives.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- High level of knowledge of Capital Campaign design soft-launch, roll out and completion.
- Well versed in applicable laws and regulations related to charitable giving.
- Experience raising critical funds for an academic institution.