FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: PHOTO OPP
Saratoga Independent School
SARATOGA INDEPENDENT SCHOOL TO
PARTICIPATE IN JUMP ROPE FOR HEART ON APRIL 13TH
(April 10, 2017 Saratoga Springs, New York) At Saratoga Independent School, our motto is “We take care of ourselves, each other, our school, and our community.” Jump Rope for Heart is a fun event that helps our children understand the importance of community service and physical activity while helping to save lives.
One way our students have made a difference in the greater community is by supporting the American Heart Association through their annual Jump Rope For Heart campaign. We have participated in this program for eight years, and we do so because:
- Cardiovascular diseases and stroke are the nation’s #1 and #3 killers;
- American Heart Association research is vital to conquering heart disease. Their research has led to CPR, defibrillators, pacemakers, clot-busting drugs, to name just a few;
- Lack of physical activity among youth is growing at a troubling rate;
- It is important that children understand the importance of physical activity and good nutrition.
Our children can help make a significant impact on an issue that affects nearly every family in our area. Additionally, through participation in this event they will be physically active, learn about heart health, have fun, and understand the importance of community service. As part of learning about heart-healthy life style, children have also accepted a heart healthy challenge.
Our Jump Rope for Heart Event will be held on April 13th from 1:00-2:15 (Rain date is April 24th).
- Students will be participating injump rope games, activities, and challenges at different stations.
- Children will share their knowledge about the heart and heart healthy living.
- Healthy snacks and beverages will be served afterward.
- Students who choose to may collect donations for the American Heart Association.
- Students can ask friends and families to make a contribution to the American Heart Association.
- We do not participate in prizes for donations. Our focus is on actions that will benefit others without personal gain.
About Saratoga Independent School
Founded by parents in 1991, Saratoga Independent School is a New York State chartered private elementary school for children in pre-K through grade six.
At Saratoga Independent School, our mission is to empower students to become confident learners who are capable of critical thinking, problem solving and teamwork. We strive to equip our students with the knowledge and skills they will need to succeed in an increasingly complex world, while enriching each day of their childhood. We provide students with an environment in which a high priority is placed on respect and caring for one another.
Saratoga Independent is an accredited New York State Association of Independent School member and was recently voted “Best Preschool” by readers Saratoga Today and Saratoga.com.
To learn more about Saratoga Independent School, please visit our website at www.siskids.org.
– # # # –